So first day!! I must admit I am just settling in to do my first day of reading and I've been thinking about how I need to be pretty strict about when and where I do my reading so that I always give myself enough time. The last and only time I read my Bible in a year I was living in China with no TV in my language, no internet and even though I was funding the bootleg video store owner's daughter's college fund, a person can really hit a Brad Pitt limit, therefore I read the Bible in a year. All joking aside, it was a sweet year and I am so thankful for the space God created for our relationship, and it occurred to me that maybe it's my turn to be reciprocal and create some extra space myself. I'm gonna have so many other distractions and I don't need to wait till my eyes are drooping and think I can stay awake for another 45 minutes or so to read AND comprehend. About how long do you think it will take you guys to read each day? I know it will vary but just wanted us to think through our plans with each other. I'm hoping to split it up and do one chapter in the morning before I even get out of bed, one chapter at lunch and one at night before bed. Do you guys have a specific time or place you are going to shoot for? If so, share!
Stephanie
P.S. I have loved reading everyone's intros!
P.P.S I'm sure Maria would love for everyone to say a prayer for her as she is recovering from knee surgery!
I just did todays reading. I too don't want to wait until I am too tired to comprehend so I am going to try to do at least part in the morning. I am terrible about staying in bed too late so I have to work on that.
ReplyDeleteMe too. I'm a snoozer.
ReplyDelete