2. Didn't good ole Abe know that if he told the folks in Egypt that Sarai was his sister that she would get some propositions? I mean, he already thought the would get killed bc of her beauty.
3. Ok, three things. There was an interesting question in my study Bible. God chose Abram and gave him the promised land and next thing he knows there is a famine. Talk about a test of faith! I'm not sure how I would respond.
#2 - This always makes me so mad at Abram! Can you imagine how Sarai felt when he tried to pass her off as his sister? And he does it again later.
ReplyDelete#3 - This is a tough one but I have found life to be much like Abram's experience. It seems that much of the Christian walk happens in the times of famine. I think God was teaching Abram, as He does us, to trust Him even when we can't understand what He's doing. This is the very place I am now. The past year has been a time of spiritual famine for me and I confess my faith has been weak. I have tried to really seek God in the new year and I have been amazed at the ways He has spoken to me. I need to remember that God will keep His promises in HIS PERFECT TIMING!
#2 That makes me mad too! Then he does it again. And I don't understand why God punished Pharoah or almost punished the next guy. They didn't know she was Abram's wife so it wasn't really their fault. But think about it. Wasn't Sarai in her late 80's or early 90's? She was either a really hot elderly woman for both guys to want her in their haram or maybe since they lived so long back then they aged slower than they do now.
DeleteTammy - I appreciate your thoughts on the third question! I agree and it was a good reminder in this season of my life when things seem so chaotic and a bit out of control (from my perspective). God has a plan and a purpose…I just need to tuck my hand in his and TRUST him as well as try to keep step with him - not running ahead nor dragging my feet!!
ReplyDeleteStephanie, I love the questions…makes me think more! Thanks for posting them. I have been really chewing on the question of: why did God choose Abram? He definitely wasn't perfect nor did he always have his eyes on God - but yet God had a plan AND it included him in a BIG way! I have some more thoughts…but I am still working them out in my mind right now (which is quite fried at the moment).