Moses is totally not confident in God's decision to use him, yet he does it anyways. I'm so much like Moses at times. I think my talk and presentation have to be perfect, maybe due to a lack of faith that God will and does use ME.
One of my favorite parts of the bible is Ex. 14:13-14 l ..."The lord will fight for you, and you only have to be silent." What? It's mind blowing that The creator of the universe will fight for YOU. Let that sink in! It's also mind blowing that I only need to be silent ;). This passage always encourages me, down to my deepest soul.
For me, this means when I have no idea what to do next in life, and feel defeated. God will fight for me. The last couple of years, I had been livings in a sin that was not glorifying to God. He fought for me! He was on team Brittany. Praise Jeaus for that.
I thought maybe we could each share ways that you feel he's been on your team. Be as specific as you want, or don't want. It's up to you.
(I'm clearly a couple days behind. But I'm getting there.)
A couple of weeks ago, the cook for the preschool just didn't show up. No call, wouldn't return my calls...omg. I was not happy. I found myself, me, the director, scooping peaches onto trays and thinking, "um, this is not my job. I'm the director. I should be doing directory type things." As I was washing peach juice off my hands at the sink God have me a Throw back Thursday. (Let's just pretend it was Thursday, I have no idea. They all run together.) Anyway, I flashed back to the first Trunk or Treat I had to coordinate at RBC. There were not enough ink pens or tables or people at tables to register people and my pastor started passing out cards and finding ink pens. I was embarrassed and flustered and knowing this is not good. Right there at the sink I realized that God fought for me in my ministry. He graced me. There were so many mistakes and yet, it wasn't about me, it was about Him. I knew he had to have been merciful on a daily basis. Not only am I lowly enough to scoop peaches, God was lowly enough to die for me, fighting for my salvation. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI will admit - I am way behind on my reading right now. :( I am trying just to keep up with these last couple of weeks of school. It has been an incredibly rough season of life and I keep trying to surrender it all to the Lord. Over the last 3 weeks or so - HE has given me Exodus 14:14 over and over and over (at least 10 times)!!! Then - today - I was once again at His feet begging for help - I opened the blog (which I haven't been on in a week) and here is this verse again in TWO posts!!! Thank you for your words!!! I think God is reminding me over and over that He has everything under control in my life - even though I feel weak and exhausted! It is ok for me to be still - He is telling me to be still (so not my nature) and that He will fight the fight! WOW!!! So thankful that He is BIG and faithful!!!
ReplyDelete