Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 3: Emily

And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16, 17 ESV)

I really love that imagery of the Spirit of God.  Resting on Him.  I have always thought it WAS a dove.  But now I see it was just like a dove.  Still beautiful and so very comforting to think about.  I wonder if anyone else saw the Spirit of God?  Or if it was just Jesus?

Also- I'm assuming that the Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit are different?  Since Jesus hadn't beamed up yet...haha, sorry- I watched an alien movie tonight.  


Tips for my fellow friends.  There is a great "blogger" app for posting.  I'm using it right now on my ipad.  Also, I listened to the audio reading of the scripture tonight while I followed along.  It really helped me focus and pace myself while I read content I have read a million times.  And he knows how to pronounce everything!  Just click the little microphone thingy in he right corner of you version.

1 comment: