I agree with Brittany. I love the verse where God says He will fight for me, you need only be silent. Too often I try to tell God how I want Him to help me instead of sitting back and being confident in His plan to work things out. The being silent part is so hard for me. In my mind I feel at peace knowing nothing is impossible for God and that he works for our good. But I'll have more moments where I want to take the reins and help Him.
Also in yesterdays reading where God descended on Mt. Sinai in a cloud and spoke to the people I tried to put myself in their place hearing God speak. Over and over it was described when he spoke as thunder and flashes of lightening and loud trumpet blasts. Also "the whole mountain trembled greatly" as God descended on it. It says in 19:19 that "God answered him in thunder". The people were scared to death! Imagine if you were there! We don't really stop to think how mighty the God we pray to really is! We really should be down on our knees or prostrate on the ground before him when we talk to him because we are so unworthy. Yet this same awe-inspiring God meets us where we are and loves us as our heavenly Father and will fight for us and has plans to give us hope and a future and will not give up on us and will never leave or forsake us. Praise Him!
Who is this? :)
ReplyDelete