Thursday, January 16, 2014

Matthew

We haven't talked much about our reading/listening in the New Testament so far. Images from the book of Matthew that stay with me are those of the crowds and Jesus' response to them. I am amazed at his ability to comingle harsh and stinging truth about the sinfulness of whole cities and the necessity of righteousness with his compassionate and yearning heart for the individual. I'm trying to figure out how I can even grasp at being more like him. My new job requires so much more than I am capable of when it comes to leading and communicating. Both of which Jesus was a master at. I need to spend more time learning from and leaning on the master. As much as I was excited about a fast pace here, I'm learning quickly if I don't slow down my yoke is gonna crush me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment