I can't imagine being Noah and being told to build this giant ark and to bring his family and all the animals on board. To have such faith and follow God's plan as He had laid out for him.
I would have been questioning every bit of this. You mean you want me to build a boat that is 450 ft long and put a pair of every animal on board with my family and then your going to flood the earth and kill every living thing and we are just going to float around until You tell us its alright to come out again. I would have come up with a million excuses as to why this wasn't a good plan and why it wouldn't work.
Isn't this just like our lives. God gives us a plan and instructions and we question it, make excuses and try to do it OUR way because we think we know best. I've just recently been praying for God to open doors for me and then he did open a door and gave me an opportunity and I almost said "no, this isn't the door I wanted opened". I struggled for days with this and finally decided that God had opened this door as I had asked and that I needed to walk through it. He knows what He is doing. I will just follow and see where it takes me.
My prayer is that I will listen and follow God's plan for me and not argue, make excuses or question Him.
I appreciate your heart to obey even when you don't understand. :)
ReplyDelete-Steph
Robin, I was blessed by your post! I am in the midst of a crazy and interesting season of life as nursing school is coming to an end and many questions about future steps loom in my heart. I also try to do it MY way and am at times really confused by the direction God is pointing…I too am trying to follow even when it doesn't make sense - fully knowing that HIS way is ALWAYS better than mine! Thanks for the reminder tonight!!
ReplyDelete