I can totally relate to what Emily said about reading Genesis a bagillion times. Anyone else? Even though it's so well known to us, did anything really stick out to anyone this time?
There are so many different directions we could go. Let's get the discussion ball rolling! :)
Stephanie
I, too, have read Genesis more than I can count. While I was ready the first day though It suddenly hit me how in 3:21 God gives them clothes. To me it's the first time I really realized His grace right there. I just never thought of it before. They disobey and yet he gives them garments to cover it up. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteFor day 1 my thought is that we are just like Adam and Eve that when we sin we try to hide and coverup. But God sees our sins just as he saw Adam and Eve's. I think a lot of the time we spend more time worrying about what others will think of us or see us as, when our focus should be on our Heavenly Father.
ReplyDeleteI love it too, Brittany. That's partly why I sent that blog by Jon Acuff about shame. They were so ashamed, but God was still good!
ReplyDeleteI have read Genesis so many times in my attempts to read the Bible all the way through that I feel like I know it by heart. 2012 was the first and only time I made it all the way trough,
ReplyDelete