Monday, January 20, 2014

This is Rheba!
We are already through with Genesis!  Can you believe it?  I feel like I just got through reading an exciting yet sometimes frustrating novel!  Great story but many flawed characters, even the ones who are supposed to be great people and good people.  How reassuring that God can use us even when we have done some stupid things in our lives!  Some things that Genesis strongly points to:
-God is creator of all things!
-All things God created are "good".
-God is in control of all situations.
-God uses the situations we create from our sinful behavior for His glory and for the ultimate good of  all mankind. 
-Forgiveness is so important.  (If Joseph can forgive his brothers, I should be able to forgive the puny slights of others in my life). 

Anybody else have some observations about Genesis that they want to share?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for pointing that out, Rheba, it is sometimes hard to believe that God accomplishes his plan despite my sin. I'm so thankful that he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really encouraged my heart! I am thankful to be reminded that God's plan will happen in spite of my own sin and weaknesses.

    I love the story of Joseph…sometimes I feel as if it is my life!! I wonder if Joseph ever had a clue that God had for him to be second in command of Egypt-- all those nights he spent in slavery and prison. Sometimes God's plans mind-boggle me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete