I had been behind and just got caught back up yesterday. ONLY TWO MORE DAYS IN LEVITICUS! How neat is it though to be reading about the cross while at the same time reading about all the laws and sacrifices? I am so grateful and humbled that God sent His son to be the ultimate sacrifice! I am so thankful for a new covenant! I'm so thankful for JESUS! And as much as I am ready to move on from Leviticus, I am glad I read it (not skimmed or read pieces like before) as it makes everything now much sweeter! --Trista
Hang in there girls! I have so enjoyed doing this! I have had to read ahead a little when I know I'm approaching a busy weekend or few days, but I am excited every day to do it! It's like a challenge to keep up and there are so many treasures in God's word. I used to pray that God would put an excitement or passion in my life for His word and I feel like he is answering those prayers. But I will keep praying that because I know it is a battle. Like we learned in the bible study I'm doing now at church, Satan will put all kinds of good, wholesome things and distractions in your path to keep you from having your daily time with God. So keep that in mind! It never ceases to amaze me how many times the Jewish people turned away from God, started worshipping other Gods, complained and grumbled against Moses (thus complaining against God) and kept forgetting all God had done for them. They could see his cloud, feel the earth rumble when he spoke to Moses, eat the food and drink the water he provided and yet they kept losing faith in him. Often times we are the same way, in that we can see all the ways God has blessed us but when the way gets rough and something hard comes up in our life, it's easy to complain and grumble. Let's remind ourselves each day during our bible study time how faithful God has been and count a few of our blessings before we even get started just so we don't fall into that trap, day by day!
I had been behind and just got caught back up yesterday. ONLY TWO MORE DAYS IN LEVITICUS! How neat is it though to be reading about the cross while at the same time reading about all the laws and sacrifices? I am so grateful and humbled that God sent His son to be the ultimate sacrifice! I am so thankful for a new covenant! I'm so thankful for JESUS! And as much as I am ready to move on from Leviticus, I am glad I read it (not skimmed or read pieces like before) as it makes everything now much sweeter!
ReplyDelete--Trista
Hang in there girls! I have so enjoyed doing this! I have had to read ahead a little when I know I'm approaching a busy weekend or few days, but I am excited every day to do it! It's like a challenge to keep up and there are so many treasures in God's word. I used to pray that God would put an excitement or passion in my life for His word and I feel like he is answering those prayers. But I will keep praying that because I know it is a battle. Like we learned in the bible study I'm doing now at church, Satan will put all kinds of good, wholesome things and distractions in your path to keep you from having your daily time with God. So keep that in mind! It never ceases to amaze me how many times the Jewish people turned away from God, started worshipping other Gods, complained and grumbled against Moses (thus complaining against God) and kept forgetting all God had done for them. They could see his cloud, feel the earth rumble when he spoke to Moses, eat the food and drink the water he provided and yet they kept losing faith in him. Often times we are the same way, in that we can see all the ways God has blessed us but when the way gets rough and something hard comes up in our life, it's easy to complain and grumble. Let's remind ourselves each day during our bible study time how faithful God has been and count a few of our blessings before we even get started just so we don't fall into that trap, day by day!
ReplyDelete