Just as my attention and interest was beginning to dim in the last few chapters of Exodus, God hits me with chapter 33. I love this chapter. In particular verse 11- "So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend". Can you imagine? One commentary I read explained it as not being physically face to face but rather nothing was in between them, or separating them or hidden from them. Nothing was kept from Moses and Moses kept nothing from God, they talked as friends talk to each other. I try to imagine what Moses was going through before this happened. He had to have been frustrated, angry, disappointed, or even ashamed at how the children of Israel acted while he was away on the mountain. For the Lord to come and speak to him in this manner really seems to be what Moses might have needed at that time. Do you think that it was this type of encounter that led Moses to want to see more? To want to see His glory (v.18)? I know that every time I feel that Lord speaking to me or whenever I feel He is comforting me or showing me compassion, it just makes me yearn for more! More of Him, any way I can get it. Even if it means asking for it and only seeing His back :) There is so much in this chapter, I am interested to hear others thoughts on it!
Trista
I agree Trista! To have that kind of relationship with God! I want it! But it is also mind boggling to me to think that the same God who spoke to Moses as a man speaks to his friend, is the very same God who is my father in heaven and who loves me and cares about me and sent his son to die for me on the cross! Wow!!
Rheba
No comments:
Post a Comment