Good morning ladies! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter. I am unbelievably behind on my reading. I would guess that many of you are too, since I have not seen a post in a very long time. I do want to encourage everyone to pick back up right where you are! Do you need to amend your goals? Perhaps just read the New Testament this year, or read over two years.
Please share where you are in your journey. I am caught up in New Testament readings, but about a month behind in the Old Testament.
The first time I read all the way through the Bible, it was in many ways shocking. There were days when I did not want to read because I was seriously questioning God through the Old Testament passages. I read straight through the Bible (without daily New Testament passages) It took until about Isaiah (and the prophesies) to really put things together and begin to see what God was trying to say. At first, my husband was the only one I was willing to share this with. After all, I had been a Christian for many years. I knew the stories, I had read the Bible in a piecemeal sort of way. I was embarrassed to admit that these passages troubled me. I remember my husband suggesting I go to my pastor and I couldn't imagine telling ANYONE! I don't know if anyone is struggling with your readings this time or if you are all just overwhelmed by life and busy. If you are struggling, I hope this will be a safe place for you to ask questions. I truly believe the women here can help!
In any case, we are only four months into the year. I know many of you have completed some of the most difficult reading (Leviticus:). Keep reading ladies and post to let us know where you are in the journey. It is not too late!
Love, Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment